Base on dreams recorded from a student in my art class where her skin dissolves leaving the structure beneath.
Although it was difficult, the skeleton edits were the most successful. The skeleton was never in proportion to the person and it was difficult to make the bodies line up without it being very obviously warped and edited. They looked a lot better in black and white because sometimes the colour or shadows would look odd. The skeleton - being not real - had a lot of pins/strings/bolts holding it together which occasionally ruined the image which I had to edit out. I think the organ edits were the least successful because the model had a very plastic and artificial feel. They also was not in proportion or positioning to a real human body, so at first it looked extremely odd.
To further explore the transient, unreality of dreams I am going to project images I have found and that I have photographed onto my friends. I used images relevant to the dream about floating in space and what she had written about it.
More exploration with light- drawing images from dreams
More abstract experiments with light. The way the projection falls on the body makes it difficult to see what is there and what is not.
Another dream recorded from my class was of water. I photographed Thea as if she was asleep in water instead of a bed.
I photographed the canal. I wanted to have a real location.
Canal footage edited and projected. Reality and dream combined.
More ambient water projections. I like how it breaks up the figure.
Experiments with footage of water and the wrong sounds.
Exploration of emotions in a dream.
For my final piece I focused on another dream. This time it was of someone chasing Lily. I edited clips of the water to present the surreal quality of dreams and how, very quickly it can switch between locations, narrative and fail to make sense.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.